The modern data center faces challenges from dynamic technology lifecycles and a demanding business environment. Evolving from server closets to multi-million facilities, the modern data center incorporates a number of innovations that contribute to its effective and efficient operation. Facility and IT infrastructure must be agile and keep pace with the business, while maintaining mission-critical distinction.
To foster an agile, proactive approach towards facility and IT operations, data center owners and operators must adopt suitable engineering tools. Monitoring, management and simulation tools help to:
* Understand the cadence of business.
* Function as a link to illustrate the efficiency of the data center investment.
* Identify, assess and determine the risk of vulnerabilities.
* Develop business and technical planning scenarios to deal with risk and uncertainty.
* Identify and mitigate lost capacity.